- This is the facelifted Mercedes Maybach S-Class
- It comes with an updated exterior and interior
- There"s also a new two-tone paint job
- British buyers are only offered a V12 engine
- A V8 will also be available in other markets
- First cars are due on the road in August
Mercedes-Benz’s upmarket Maybach sub-brand has provided the S-Class saloon with an added dose of exclusivity with the unveiling of a facelifted model featuring styling elements first explored on its flamboyant Maybach 6 concept car.
On display at the Geneva motor show ahead of planned UK deliveries starting in August, the 2018 Mercedes Maybach S-Class saloon receives a bold new grille with vertical louvres similar in style to that used by the Maybach 6, together with an altered front bumper featuring a greater use of chrome within its lower section.
The new-look front end aims to provide the Maybach S-Class with greater visual differentiation to standard S-Class models and comes as Mercedes prepares to add other models to the Maybach line-up, including a plush new version of the upcoming third-generation GLS due to be unveiled at the Los Angeles motor show towards the end of the year.